Bend Stiffener Restrictor (BSR) Termination
Traditional Bend Stiffener (BSR) designs have connected the polyurethane portion of the assembly to the termination structure using a metallic interface. The use of steel, while appropriate and required in some applications, introduces numerous issues that must be addressed using bend stiffener restrictor termination. Among them are:
- Need for cathotic protection
- MTR documentation
- High levels of inspection for machined and welded parts
- High cost
- Need for protective coatings
high modulus molded materials
Advances in material science have allowed Whitefield Plastics to replace these traditional metallic terminations with high modulus molded materials that offer the following advantages:
- Lighter Weight
- No need for cathotic protection
- Molded product that can we provided at a reduced level of inspection
- Lower cost
- Inclusion of Whitefield Plastics patented hose/tube retention system.
Contact the Engineering team at Whitefield Plastics to see if the termination technology will be appropriate for use your Bend Stiffener application.