By Maria Lauret
'Alice Walker, moment edition':
* examines the total diversity of Walker's prose writings: her novels, brief tales, essays, activist writings, speeches and memoirs
* has been completely revised within the mild of the most recent scholarship and important developments
* brings insurance of Walker's paintings correct modern with a brand new bankruptcy on 'Now is the Time to Open Your middle' (2004), and dialogue of her fresh non-fictional writing, together with 'Overcoming Speechlessness' (2010)
* traces Walker's lineage again to nineteenth-century visionary black girls preachers and activists
* assesses Walkers prose oeuvre either when it comes to its literary and its activist benefits and shortcomings.
Ideal for college kids and students alike, this verified textual content continues to be a necessary consultant to the paintings of a key US author as it explains her distinctive position in modern American letters.
Read Online or Download Alice Walker PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory_1 books
Lee Konstantinou examines irony in American literary and political existence, exhibiting the way it migrated from the countercultural margins of the Fifties to the Nineteen Eighties mainstream. alongside the way in which, irony was once absorbed into postmodern conception and eventually develop into a aim of modern writers who've moved past its boundaries with a tradition of “postirony.
Detaining Time is the 1st booklet to enquire the illustration of time in literature by way of the undertaking to reconceptualize time, in order that its flow not threatens defense. targeting the character, effects, and backbone of resistance to temporal passage, Eric P. Levy bargains designated and probing shut readings, enriched by means of thorough but enticing explication and alertness of sought after philosophical theories of time.
A novelist, poet, literary critic and anthropologist, Andrew Lang is better identified for his guides on folklore, mythology and faith; many have grown up with the ‘colour’ Fairy Books which he compiled among 1889 and 1910. This 3 quantity set offers a variety of his paintings in those components. The 3rd quantity arranges his literary feedback, first by way of geo-cultural context after which chronologically.
"A interesting learn, and a tremendous contribution to severe discourse at the literature of exile. " - Professor John C. eco-friendly, Chair, division of Theatre, Butler college "A welcome boost to educational library collections in literacy feedback (especially comparative literature), ethnic and immigrant reviews, exile and diaspora literature, in addition to cultural experiences.
- How to Begin Studying English Literature (Palgrave Study Guides:Literature)
- The Edexcel Poetry Anthology: Conflict - the Student Guide
- Ignazio Silone in Exile: Writing and Antifascism in Switzerland 1929–1944 (Warwick Studies in the Humanities)
- How Long Have You Been With Us?: Essays on Poetry (Poets On Poetry)
Additional resources for Alice Walker
Alice Walker by Maria Lauret